Being able to detect and treat hydration properly may be the most important skill for a wildlife rehabilitator.
This self-paced. non-accredited course will prepare the wildlife rehabilitator to detect an animal’s level of dehydration, calculate an effect rehydration protocol for the animals, properly select the right fluids for its condition, as well as administer fluid therapy by oral and injectable methods common in a wildlife rehabilitation setting.
- Identifying Dehydration
- Understanding Replacement Fluids
- PH Balance Effect of Dehydration
- Rehydration Math (part-1)(ratios)
- Calculating a Rehydration Protocol
- Fluid Administration Routes – Oral (with video instruction)
- Preparing Fluid for Injection (with video instruction)
- Fluid Administration Routes – Subcutaneous (with video instruction)
- Fluid Administration Routes – Intraperitoneal (with video instruction)
- Fluid Administration Routes – IV and IO (with video instruction)
A certificate for 8 hours will be awarded on completion of the course.
Each student needs to sign the Terms of Service Agreement prior to each course
Enrollment Fee = $49.99
Sale = $39.99
To enroll in any course you must first create a student account at our course gateway. You may then enroll in the course(s) of your choice.
Payment is made at time of course selection.